Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Iwillflyaway

RVF Regular
Does anyone have experience with heating and cooling issues on the 430 toyhauler?

Upon delivery we had to install a second furnace to keep the trailer warm, on a 28-31 degree day it would not heat above 48-50 inside.

cost of a second furnace 2700.00.

Now the main living area is only able to cool to 89-90 degrees. But, the garage and bedroom cool to: 79 and 78 respectively.

I would try buying the silver reflective auto windshield shades and installing them on any windows on the sunny side of the trailer. Cut to fit to each window size and just put them between each window shade and the window. Any direct sunlight coming through the ceiling vents requires those to be covered also. Cut to fit the vent screens with enough overlap that the reflective shade will stay up there with no attachment needed. I have had the issue with the a/c not being able to cool any of my TT for years. Finally bought multiple shades, cut to fit, and just rotate them to the sunny side windows. Works great.

Does anyone have experience with heating and cooling issues on the 430 toyhauler?

Upon delivery we had to install a second furnace to keep the trailer warm, on a 28-31 degree day it would not heat above 48-50 inside.

cost of a second furnace 2700.00.

Now the main living area is only able to cool to 89-90 degrees. But, the garage and bedroom cool to: 79 and 78 respectively.

You need to install a AirFlow Systems unit in each AC and you will increase air flow up to 40% then take AC foil tape and seal up all the air leaks in the AC discharge box And return air.
We did this on our Sandpiper and now on a 100 degree day we can get the temp down to 72 degrees .

It sounds like it might still be under warranty, not sure? But I think you got a lemon as a brand new rig shouldn't have an air problem of that magnitude. My last RV had something similar and since it was still under warranty, they replaced the air units and that fixed the problem.

Latest resources

Back