Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
No one was kidding when I heard RV resorts/parks are full and RV trips is the way to travel. Just wrapped up 2 hours of trip planning and there was not a lot of options unless you are booking way in advance. The trip we planned for August to Oregon was pushed into September and we were able to find an alternative plan for the trip in August. The storyline is don't hesitate to book soon if you want to get into certain popular destinations in the near future.

Thank God my trip planner (DW) is really on top of this trip planning stuff. If it weren’t for her we would be in Walmart lots constantly.

I was looking at Anchor Down RV Resort near Pigeon Forge TN yesterday and they are booked solid through Oct. Crazy.

We booked Anchor down for October 12, 2020 last year in September and booked October 2021 last October while on site. Its a busy place for sure. We're been on the road since May and places are getting crowed, but no issues as we made reservation late 2019 and early 2020.

Just read this on RVtravel news.

The Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) will add a nonresident surcharge to new campsite reservations and first-come, first-served campers starting Monday, Aug. 10. The change does not affect existing reservations or people currently camping in a state park. The increase will add up to 30 percent to the nightly cost to camp in a state park for nonresidents.

Camping at Maine’s Acadia National Park will be non-existent this season. Officials announced July 30 that COVID-19 issues make the decision necessary. The park can’t hire enough folks to open and safely maintain. As not enough on-site housing due to living space requirements.

I camp in forest, and visit on a day basis national parks, if crowds are small. even still any move before and after tuesday are met with full forests.
Who woulda thunk.

Latest resources

Back