Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I noticed my Garmin 770 has map updates out and also a software update. Can take 2-3 hours so FYI to update as you want prior to next travels.

Yes. Same with the 785.
Still hating it, by the way!

Spent 2 hours on the phone with Garmin trying to help them isolate the problem with sending routes from BASECAMP to the 785 without the 785 churning out duplicates. Argh.

Good thing I’m getting paid by the minute. Oh. Wait. No I’m not. [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been successful with basecamp and the Garmin. Had to use it to route the caravan into the Balloon Fiesta. It’s not an easy interface to figure out but it’s a good tool.

Really like my 770.

BASECAMP is GREAT...just NOT with the 785, which is ANDROID-based. [emoji35][emoji2961]

Ahh, okay.

I noticed my Garmin 770 has map updates out and also a software update. Can take 2-3 hours so FYI to update as you want prior to next travels.

One of my newly-formed habits is to update the 770 a day or two prior to departure ... usually right before I enter the trip plan into the 770. I like to get the trip entered into the 770 ahead of time so I can review it ... and it's a good time to do the updates. Almost always an update of some sort!

Yes. Same with the 785.
Still hating it, by the way!

Spent 2 hours on the phone with Garmin trying to help them isolate the problem with sending routes from BASECAMP to the 785 without the 785 churning out duplicates. Argh.

Good thing I’m getting paid by the minute. Oh. Wait. No I’m not. [emoji2357]

Did you get this figured out? I am looking at getting a 780 or 785. Not sure if I need another dash cam nor sure how well the lane departure and collision stuff work - the gps looks more rugged than the 780 though.

Did you get this figured out? I am looking at getting a 780 or 785. Not sure if I need another dash cam nor sure how well the lane departure and collision stuff work - the gps looks more rugged than the 780 though.

Not really. I gave up and got rid of it.

I’m waiting it out to see where Garmin goes with this platform. There’s just a lot of issues with the Android to BASECAMP Data transfer. Garmin was stumped But continues to work on it. No updates.

BTW...Both, the 780 and 785 are Android based. The housings are markedly different.

Thanks for the reply. I can get a 770 still - what OS is the 770 based on and is it still a good GPS?

I have used Garmin since my first purchase - the iQue, a wonderful pda type device that had a flip up antenna and full garmin gps software. You had to make your own map groups, it was a lot of work to get them the way you wanted them. I broke the US down into time zones, made map groups for each and loaded them onto separate SD cards. When I was traveling for business to a certain area I would insert the SD for that area and off I'd go. I loved it - no more paper maps.

Latest resources

Back