RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3407
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
Yes
My frustration with the Xcite navigation system in my 2022 Ventana will soon me coming to an end. I am going to get either the Garmin RV 895 or the RV 1095. I'm undecided regarding size... 8 inch screen vs 10 inch screen. My question is for those that are using one of these what your feeling is regarding the screen size? Is the 8 inch large enough to view comfortably or is the 10 inch screen better?

Thanks in advance...

I have the 890 and love it.

1095...Bigger is better.

1095...Bigger is better.
I appreciate what you're saying and I agree for the most part. My concern is having too large of a device on the dashboard. The RV 895 is larger than the Xcite screen which is readable for me.

Decisions... decisions... 🤣

890 here. More than adequate.

Included with the RV 895 is a suction cup mount. Will this secure the device to the dashboard?

I have the 895 and it's perfect for me...I use the suction cup and mount it on the drivers side window so it doesn't block the view of my side view mirror and nothing in front of me. I think bigger might not be better in this case...and I'm a bigger is better kinda person :ROFLMAO:

I appreciate what you're saying and I agree for the most part. My concern is having too large of a device on the dashboard. The RV 895 is larger than the Xcite screen which is readable for me.

Decisions... decisions... 🤣
Didn't mount mine on the dash. I fabbed up a RAM mount setup and mounted it where both my wife and I can see it. Top edge only sticks up about an inch above the dashboard.

Last edited:
I have the 1090 mounted on the dash of our Class A.
I like the bigger screen under any circumstances, but the best reason is that it is big enough for both driver and passenger to see and use.
My wife often takes over navigation on busy or difficult roads.

890 here. I mount mine on the dash a bit toward center so Navigator DW can get a view of what's going on. No regrets, no need for the larger version. Per @Neal recommendation, got the Ram mount.

Latest resources

Back