• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Garmin RV 895 vs RV 1095

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
1095 here. It is BIG but there is a lot of information displayed. The 1095 is almost too big but it works in my application. Mounted on driver side window with suction cup. It is covering the A pillar. Not mirror nor windscreen.
I can see using the smaller unit if mounted closer to the driver.

Also a 1095!! There is a an indention (Newmar version of a package tray) on top middle of dashboard pad. I use a adhesive suction cup mount there, and then use the suction cup mount for the "1095"! Does not block my view, as it is in line with the right side windshield "A" pillar.
Really like the size. And keep my old Garmin "770" as a back up. Last update about 90 days ago.

Thanks everyone for your responses... I ordered the RV 895 and it is being delivered today. While I'm in Colorado having some annual service done on my Ventana at my dealer I will get it set up.

I received my RV 895 yesterday and this morning I came up to my dealer where I have my coach parked in their campground waiting on my service appointment this week. I connected it to my Starlink WiFi and did all the updates... I read on another Forum that some have had connection issues with Starlink but mine was seamless... (y)

The RV 895 is going to work out well for me size wise and now I need to figure out the best mounting location. The provided suction cup doesn't want to secure to the dash but it will to the driver's side window. I believe I can get a suction cup mount that will adhere to the dash so I will check that out.

Now I will spend time reading the manual to learn how to use the RV 895. Thanks again for the input here... (y)

Thanks Neal... I was going to check RAM later today. You saved me the trouble... :ROFLMAO:

If you wanted to remove a RAM mount that is stuck to the dash, how hard would it be?

As with anything adhesive, heat helps. A heat gun or hair dryer on low IF needed, don't melt the dash! But these don't last forever. My tip to those that use the adhesive mount is keep the "arm" as vertical as you can so it's not working against the adhesive and also remove the GPS when not in use which is easy with the magnetic mount. I always keeps at least one spare adhesive mount in my spares bin as these don't last forever.

I have a second one of these to the right of me on the dash which holds a long arm and large X-Grip for an iPad Mini which I may use at times. I'm amazed how well the adhesive has remained intact as this is quite a bit of weight with the arm near horizontal in this mount setup.

I have 895...screen size is fine. Mounted with bean bag center dash so the camera get's a view of everything in front of me.

Latest resources

Back