• Commercial/Vendors welcome

General gear suggestions

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If you only want to use baggies you can get the air of the baggy by lowering the baggy (with food inside) into a deep container of water and vertically lower until the water is at the zipper (you'll see the baggy compressing around the contents). Then you close the zipper on the baggy take it out of the water, dry and freeze. Don't forget to mark the date on the bag. Baggy materials usually aren't as thick as vacuum bags and may let air in/out over time.

I recently found a steak in the bottom of our chest freezer that was 3 years old. Just as good as if I just froze it.
We do try and use our frozen foods within a couple of months of freezing, when possible. That said, I too have found something that is more than a year old and it had no freezer burn. When we vacuum-bag food, we always write the packing date on it to help keep our food rotation on track.

TJ

For the last two years I have been wanting a comfortable camping chair because the ones we had were soooo uncomfortable. So we finally bit the bullet and bought the Strongback Elite for my husband and the Strongback Guru folding chairs (smaller one fits me). Great purchase, costly but highly recommended!

@ARD got me to get one of these zero g chairs - Lafuma Futura. I also bought the bag and side table from Lumens.com as it was hard to find otherwise at that time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHSDDMX/?tag=rvf01-20

@ARD got me to get one of these zero g chairs - Lafuma Futura. I also bought the bag and side table from Lumens.com as it was hard to find otherwise at that time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHSDDMX/?tag=rvf01-20

Ohhhhh nooooo! You yourself YOU bought A LaFuma Chair. I take no responsibility. ?

I was under duress!! [emoji40]

Tools, flashlights, cordage, extra fuses, gas can (I got one of those large green military cans and a funnel), matches (or a lighter but matches can be used to cover up the stink coming from the bathroom), rain suit, warm suit, good pans for fire pit cooking (no electric or propane required), firewood, engine oil, septic drain hoses, water hose, septic chemicals. I just know something ALWAYS happens and I try to be prepared as possible! I am after all, a girlscout :) I know this is a few months late but I hope it helps :)

Twila does a lot of canning, so most of our food can be stored in a cabinet somewhere opening up the fridge/freezer. She even cans some meats as well. One thing we needed was ice trays. Always good to have.

Attachments

• fantastic.jpg
    fantastic.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 10

Latest resources

Back