• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Generator exhaust extensions ??

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks for all the input. I think if I go out one more time and smell exhaust fumes from the generator I will go get one. I like the design, its simplicity and what it does.

The Gen-Turi works great. I’ve used them for 20 years on both gas and diesel generators without an issue when attending races and outdoor concerts. I’ve also used it on the Oasis and Hydro-Hot without an issue. At some venues you are only parked a couple feet from your neighbors.

Been using a Genturi for years when dry camping. Works great for keeping the fumes from coming in the windows.
20170704_065857.jpg

Last edited:
At the balloon fiesta I saw people using what looked like dryer vents to take it forward. I've also seen the ones mounted to the side of the coach to take it up above like a chimney. I was at a rally and attended an Onan seminar and they said they void the warranties. Yours may not be in warranty any longer so it may be moot, just something to be aware of as it may have side effects of which I've never heard of. I put a chrome extension on mine for some bling to match my summit stainless trim and that does direct it down and aft slightly. I've never noticed it or had a problem personally even before the bling added.
At the balloon fiesta I saw people using what looked like dryer vents to take it forward. I've also seen the ones mounted to the side of the coach to take it up above like a chimney. I was at a rally and attended an Onan seminar and they said they void the warranties. Yours may not be in warranty any longer so it may be moot, just something to be aware of as it may have side effects of which I've never heard of. I put a chrome extension on mine for some bling to match my summit stainless trim and that does direct it down and aft slightly. I've never noticed it or had a problem personally even before the bling added.
Neal do you have a photo of what your exhaust pipe looks like?

Neal do you have a photo of what your exhaust pipe looks like?
It just looks like the end of any exhaust. I can't remember what it looked like prior to adding the chrome part on the end which directs exhaust down and aft.

I made a Genturi clone which I used at the 2021 balloon fiesta, worked great! My neighbors could sit outside their coach door and only complain about the diesel exhaust from THEIR generator.

Safe travels.

I made a Genturi clone which I used at the 2021 balloon fiesta, worked great! My neighbors could sit outside their coach door and only complain about the diesel exhaust from THEIR generator.

Safe travels.

Let us see what you made.

Rod, Hmmm...not sure I have a picture...I'll look thru our balloon fiesta pictires. It's not a great picture but it's what I found.

Attachments

• MyGenturi.jpg
    MyGenturi.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back