Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Hunterpeaks

RVF Newbee
To me, that would be a fuse or a breaker or a relay or something. But, I can't find a blown fuse or tripped breaker. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place? I have a SS Agile- Sprinter conversion. Does anyone know which/where I should look? Maybe I am missing something? Thanks so much!
Hunter

Check on your generator. My Onan has a breaker built into the genny. Yes, those are the things that fail when my generator stops outputting current.

Before replacing things...identify the failure. I have only worked in one Sprinter, ...(Airstream Interstate) but I like to work backwards from easy to difficult.

1) make sure house cutout is turned ON, some models shut down power and inverter when in the store position. Airstream added an A.C.E. relay (AC Enable) in more recent years.
2) inverter turned ON...in case the places you are looking are wired via the Inverter.
3) inverter reset...pop out button breaker on inverter housing.
4) distribution panel breakers... flip the breakers off, then on. When they trip, the switches only move a tiny amount...they may appear to be ON. In some cases, feeling the switch go off, and cleanly ON erases the doubt. Use a meter on AC volts to check for power...red to output lug (with black wire usually), and black lead to the terminal bus loaded with white wires. Do this safely!! No touching bare metal, wear rubber soled shoes, no standing in puddles, have an assistant in case you break one of the rules and get shocked.

The distribution panel should have more than one place where a branch can lose power. The MAIN breaker which is being fed by the Automatic Transfer Switch. The Inverter Breaker, which feeds AC power off the distribution rail to the Inverter if it is a unit that is also a charger (converter built-in) ...the Inverter distribution main, which feeds a small subset of breakers to specific circuits that work off the inverter. And the specific branch circuits own breaker.

Next back up the flow...ATS, probably under furniture near where the outside cord attaches. You can carefully test the relay lugs for proper power and ATS relay activation. Generator, if running should always have priority. The ATS will have two sources coming in...and you can test them to see if the source is providing power...and one set of output...which will identify that the relays are working properly.

If you still haven't gotten power...look on the generator itself...there will be another breaker. Not a fun thing to get to, they usually stuff these things up under the frame and it's no fun climbing under there. Good time to check or change oil, oil filter, fuel filter if needed, air filter if needed) etc...

Anyway...I am making a general outline since I have never been around your rv...but hopefully, it will give you some places to check. Along the way, you will be learning important things about your rv, which will be an asset...anytime you need to do a little troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Before replacing things...identify the failure. I have only worked in one Sprinter, ...(Airstream Interstate) but I like to work backwards from easy to difficult.

1) make sure house cutout is turned ON, some models shut down power and inverter when in the store position. Airstream added an A.C.E. relay (AC Enable) in more recent years.
2) inverter turned ON...in vase the places you are looking are wired via the Inverter.
3) inverter reset...pop out button breaker on inverter housing.
4) distribution panel breakers... flip the breakers off, then on. When they trip, the switches only mobe a tiny amount...they may appear to be ON. In some cases, feeling the switch go off, and cleaning ON erases the doubt. Use a meter on AC volts to check for power...red to output lug (with black wire usually), and black lead to the terminal bus loaded with white wires. Do this safely!! No touching bare metal, wear rubber soled shoes, no standing in puddles, have an assistant in case you break one of the rules and get shocked.

The distribution panel should have more than one llace where a branch can lose power. The MAIN breaker which is being fed by the Automatic Transfer Switch. The Inverter Breaker, which feeds AC power off the distribution rail to the Inverter if it is a unit that is also a charger (converter built-in) ...the Inverter distribution main, which feeds a small subset of breakers to specifice circuits that work off the inverter. And the specific branch circuits own breaker.

Next back up the flow...ATS, probably under furniture near where the outside cord attaches. You can carefully test the relay lugs for proper power and ATS relay activation. Generator, if running should always have priority. The ATS will have two sources coming in...and you can test them to see if the source is providing power...and one set of output...which will identify that the relays are working properly.

If you still haven't gotten power...look on the generator itself...there will be another breaker. Not a fun thing to get to, they usually stuff these things up under the frame and it's no fun climbing under there. Good time to check or change oil, oil filter, fuel filter if needed, air filter if needed) etc...

Anyway...I am making a general outline since I habe never been around your rv...but hopefully, it will give you some places to check. Along the way, you will be learning important thi gs about your rv, which will be an asset...anytime you need to do a little troubleshooting.
Thank you so much! This is gold in helping me diagnose! I will report back!

Latest resources

Back