Getting hot water while in RV Park

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Jerry & Sarah
Did you turn on your burner on the oasis control panel? Are both of the switches marked ACl and ACll turned on?
You should not need to run the generator if you have 50 amp shore power.
Let me know what you find
Bill

Jerry & Sarah
Did you turn on your burner on the oasis control panel? Are both of the switches marked ACl and ACll turned on?
You should not need to run the generator if you have 50 amp shore power.
Let me know what you find
Bill
Thanks; I will check it and report here.

My issue was during our first trip. When we got to the RV Park and set everything up, the water was hot. That evening the water temp was barely warm, and stayed that way.

I read in the owners manual something about the electric water heaters could not keep the water hot by themselves ( if you needed hot water, the generator must be used).

I was plugged into 50a shore power.
I suspect your New Aire has the optional engine heat/preheat function. With that option, the engine provided all the heating to the Oasis heating unit. Once in camp, you used up any residual hot water and apparently did not have the burner switch on and/or did not have either of the AC1/AC2 functions switched on.

Per the manual, the burner is primary heat source and electric is secondary. This means that with the burner switched on and the AC1/AC2 also on, the electric will be secondary to the burner in camp.

I assume that your New Aire also has energy management for the electrical loads. Even if you are on 30A power and you exceed 30A from the electric heaters plus anything else electrical you have running, the excess load should switch to batteries via the inverter (at least my Ventana does). This should be a short lived excess load and your batteries will handle it fine and seamlessly.

Whenever I'm in a site that only has 30A, I usually just have the burner switch on and both AC1/AC2 on. The diesel usage is negligible for hot water and heating.

If you haven't yet, suggest you sit down with the manuals and learn how your electrical and heating systems work. You'll have a much less stressful experience.

I suspect your New Aire has the optional engine heat/preheat function. With that option, the engine provided all the heating to the Oasis heating unit. Once in camp, you used up any residual hot water and apparently did not have the burner switch on and/or did not have either of the AC1/AC2 functions switched on.

Per the manual, the burner is primary heat source and electric is secondary. This means that with the burner switched on and the AC1/AC2 also on, the electric will be secondary to the burner in camp.

I assume that your New Aire also has energy management for the electrical loads. Even if you are on 30A power and you exceed 30A from the electric heaters plus anything else electrical you have running, the excess load should switch to batteries via the inverter (at least my Ventana does). This should be a short lived excess load and your batteries will handle it fine and seamlessly.

Whenever I'm in a site that only has 30A, I usually just have the burner switch on and both AC1/AC2 on. The diesel usage is negligible for hot water and heating.

If you haven't yet, suggest you sit down with the manuals and learn how your electrical and heating systems work. You'll have a much less stressful experience.
Thank you.
Yes, i believe that your reply is exactly what happened, and yes, I need to study the owners manual to clearly usderstand how this system works. Everything on this Coach is new to me ( this is our first class A), and that is a lot to process on our first night out!

I appreciate all the people here who are willing and able to help.

My issue was during our first trip. When we got to the RV Park and set everything up, the water was hot. That evening the water temp was barely warm, and stayed that way.

I read in the owners manual something about the electric water heaters could not keep the water hot by themselves ( if you needed hot water, the generator must be used).

I was plugged into 50a shore power.
The typical RV water heater has a heating element like the one in your S&B home. Your New Aire is all electric I presume so I think they were talking about the electric element not keeping up with the demand. My water heater is gas, electric and also has a loop that runs through the engine coolant to heat the water as you are enroute to your destination. Doesn't your oasis heat water too?

Minor note…. Oasis electric is 120 v….
I apologize...my memory of my Dutch Star's OASIS was blurred by our current AquaHot, which has both 110 and 220v electric.

Thank you.
Yes, i believe that your reply is exactly what happened, and yes, I need to study the owners manual to clearly usderstand how this system works. Everything on this Coach is new to me ( this is our first class A), and that is a lot to process on our first night out!

I appreciate all the people here who are willing and able to help.
we were all there at one point, I recall our first couple nights in a Class A, lots to learn, this site is a huge help

Latest resources

Back