• Commercial/Vendors welcome

GFCI outlets on 2016 London Aire 4519

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
the bedroom floor heat zone gfi should be buried in the master bath cabinet. Behind the drains under the wash sink. usually closest to the bedroom side.
Thank you. Unfortunately, it didn't help. So I have the Salon and Master Bath working, but bedroom is still being obstinate.

Have you found & checked the three relays yet?

Thank you. Unfortunately, it didn't help. So I have the Salon and Master Bath working, but bedroom is still being obstinate.
as stated above, when the floor heat is turned on for any given zone, you should hear a light click. for the bedroom, I hear that click under the sink in the master bath. For the kitchen zone, I hear it in the 1/2 bath. You may want to have some one turn the floor heat ON, while you are in the master bath area with the cabinet doors open and see if you can hear the click, and then trace it. At least, that may be one starting point.

Another item to check, is your SL Floor Heat setting, if you haven't checked already.
From SL main screen, go to Features, then look for Floor Heat Configuration. Lets see what you have listed for the three zones.

Another item to check, is your SL Floor Heat setting, if you haven't checked already.
From SL main screen, go to Features, then look for Floor Heat Configuration. Lets see what you have listed for the three zones.
Thanks, but they're all on. And I've switched the wires around on the Silverleaf control module, thinking that maybe the module was not working correctly. But the front and rear floors work, regardless of which wire is feeding them, so it seems to me that there is a breakdown between the Silverleaf controller and the floor heat itself. I'm thinking maybe a broken wire of something.

ok there is a bit of miss here, you are saying the master bath floor works, but not the bedroom?

as I understand it, there are 3 zones, lvroom, kitchen and bedroom/master bath. My zone 3 starts just around the bed (the end facing the front of coach) and goes all the way to the end of master bath next to engine bay access door.

So need to know which zone is the issue? if only part of the zone 3 is working, that 'COULD' be wiring under the tile. It can happen.

Also, I haven't looked at floor heat settings thru omniscope. Thats why asked for SL floor heat config settings. 'sometime' SL gets picky if the config settings/names are not right. it may help to know how your floor heat zones are defined.

ok there is a bit of miss here, you are saying the master bath floor works, but not the bedroom?

as I understand it, there are 3 zones, lvroom, kitchen and bedroom/master bath. My zone 3 starts just around the bed (the end facing the front of coach) and goes all the way to the end of master bath next to engine bay access door.

So need to know which zone is the issue? if only part of the zone 3 is working, that 'COULD' be wiring under the tile. It can happen.

Also, I haven't looked at floor heat settings thru omniscope. Thats why asked for SL floor heat config settings. 'sometime' SL gets picky if the config settings/names are not right. it may help to know how your floor heat zones are defined.

Of the 3 zones, and lets call them Front, Mid & Rear, are you sure that the Rear zone is Bed & MB combined?

• I was under the impression that the 3 zones were LR = Front, BR = Mid, and MB = Rear. If this version is correct, then my BR (Mid) is the zone that isn't working. If your version is correct, then yes, 1/2 of the Rear zone (the BR) is not working.
  • Naming is the same on both the Silverleaf displays, but to be honest, I don't think it's possible to name them different from one Silverleaf display to another. Or have I misunderstood your post?
  • What is "omniscope"?

Very bad look for a dealer to sell a high dollar unit with bad batteries.

Very bad look for a dealer to sell a high dollar unit with bad batteries.
It was part of the negations and I knew it going in. They made some very valid concessions on their end and covered a lot of issues that would never have been covered in a private party sale.

It's all good!

Of the 3 zones, and lets call them Front, Mid & Rear, are you sure that the Rear zone is Bed & MB combined?

In my case, yes they are. floor plan 4553
zone1 is from behind driver seat to kitchen cabinet/wash sink area. zone2 goes to just about the bed. zone 3 from bed thru master bath.

• I was under the impression that the 3 zones were LR = Front, BR = Mid, and MB = Rear. If this version is correct, then my BR (Mid) is the zone that isn't working. If your version is correct, then yes, 1/2 of the Rear zone (the BR) is not working.

You have a 16LADP. The hwh fws had some issues for both 16 &17. The bedroom end would sag down some. This seems to load the main floor right at the end of the FWS. Usually causes some of the tiles just before the master bath area to crack. I have some of those. Have you ever seen the wiring mesh for the floor heat? They are thin and can easily break. A cracked tile 'may' casue damage to the mesh. *IF* that maybe the issue, perhaps you can get Newmar to deal with it.
  • Naming is the same on both the Silverleaf displays, but to be honest, I don't think it's possible to name them different from one Silverleaf display to another. Or have I misunderstood your post?

just like to verify the floor heat config setting on your SL.
From main menu, select 'Features'
then scroll down till you find 'Floor Heat Configuration'
lets see what you have listed for the zones
  • What is "omniscope"?
omniscope is one of the software SL/or SL dealers uses to diagnose or make some changes to the SL settings. It has a cable that connects to the round port on your main front SL display, above the driver seat.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back