Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Bought several new wines to try.
  • Pinot Noir (2019) from NAPA cellars,
  • Robert Mondavi Private Selection (2019), Red Blend, RYE barrel aged Calif wine,
  • and Rainstorm, Pinot Noir Rose (2020) from Willamette Valley, Oregon.
Picked up a couple of "fruity" wines as well, but from the first tasting, I can tell you that they're way to sweet and will probably spend most of their remaining life, untouched in the refrigerator. In the back. Behind the milk. Maybe even further back than that.

You are really getting into the “wine thing,” aren’t you? Interesting Pinot Noir choices; I am personally familiar with both NAPA Cellars and Robert Mondavi wines. Don’t know anything about Rainstorm, but the Willamette Valley produces some nice Pinot Noirs.

My dad was involved in the startup of the NAPA Wine Company many years ago. It has been through several owners since then.

And, he was Cellar Master at Charles Krug Winery when brothers Robert and Peter Mondavi owned it. When Robert split with his brother and formed Robert Mondavi Winery, my dad left Charles Krug and moved to Wente Brothers Winery in Livermore, California; again as Cellar Master.

One piece of advice; the “best“ wines are the ones you enjoy. Now, if you enjoy experimenting, then just enjoy the process. You’ll find some wines you like and some you don’t. Let YOUR palate be the judge.

TJ

You are really getting into the “wine thing,” aren’t you? I

TJ
lol, yes, I guess I am. Do you know anything about this one?

The big problem in my area is we have no place to buy wine except at the local grocery store. Ingles does a good job of stocking their wine selection, but still, it would be nice to go to go somewhere that specialized in wine sales.

lol, yes, I guess I am. Do you know anything about this one?

The big problem in my area is we have no place to buy wine except at the local grocery store. Ingles does a good job of stocking their wine selection, but still, it would be nice to go to go somewhere that specialized in wine sales.
No, I am not familiar with Siduri wines. From a quick web search, it appears to be a relatively small, specialty operation. Some of them are great; some of them not.

There is also an online alternative. I have used this one a couple of times and have had good results. Wine online from Saratoga Wine Exchange

There are several other reputable online wine sellers.

TJ

Last edited:
Bought several new wines to try.
  • Pinot Noir (2019) from NAPA cellars,
  • Robert Mondavi Private Selection (2019), Red Blend, RYE barrel aged Calif wine,
  • and Rainstorm, Pinot Noir Rose (2020) from Willamette Valley, Oregon.
Picked up a couple of "fruity" wines as well, but from the first tasting, I can tell you that they're way to sweet and will probably spend most of their remaining life, untouched in the refrigerator. In the back. Behind the milk. Maybe even further back than that.
The good Pinot Noirs are produced from grapes grown closer to the coast. They do not like the heat of the Napa area. Napa vintners source their Pinot grapes from cooler areas normally. Look for wines that are produced from more coastal areas such as Sonoma, Russian River, and the central coast of Ca. Hope you are not too far from a Total Wine store. Great place to stock up. Judy D

You are really getting into the “wine thing,” aren’t you?

TJ
Made another run through the wine section today. The cashiers are whispering about my alcohol problem. There’s talk of an intervention.

Pro tip, you can get 2 bottles of Ripple for the cost of one Pino Noir. :)

Ripple & Thunderbird, it Just doesn’t get any better.

Someone has to do it.....Boones Farm, MD 2020, 4 Roses, and a shout out to my long dead aunt, Bali Hi....or was that Hai? Been a long long time.

My introduction into wines at a very young age (less than legal) was Ripple and Boones Farm which explains why I drink beer😀

Latest resources

Back