Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ribbit

RVF Newbee
We are puchasing a Keystone Impact 359 and the dealer is installing a goose box on it. From my research, a standard fifth wheel hitch would be better than a goose neck. In fact, a goose neck may not be legal in all states. We have a 2021 Ram Longhorn 3500 long box with the diesel HO motor. Does a goose box system make sense?

I have never heard of a goose neck not being legal for a trailer. The only requirement (to my knowledge) is safety chains. If I recall, at one time the Reese Goose Box was at the time the only goose neck that was warantied on rvs. Somepeople like the goose set up and others like the king pin. Personally, I prefer the king pin. It is easier for me to get hooked up and I don't have to mess with chains.

A goosebox will be legal. Might require safety chains in some states. I have an Andersen hitch, but if I didn't I would go with the goosebox or the GenY hitch so the bed of the truck is usable without having to heft around a 200# hitch every time you wanted to use the bed of the truck.

Latest resources

Back