• Commercial/Vendors welcome

GPS or APP?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Did you install Trip Wizard on a laptop or an iPad, or?? I thought I understood technology, but now I am not so sure!!
Tripwizard is a website... no app to install anywhere. However, RVLIFE is an app you can install on your phone or tablet. RVLIFE is associated with and interfaces with trip wizard. Plan your trip on trip wizard and then you can open it in RVLIFE and it will guide you to your destination. It works pretty well.

Tripwizard is a website... no app to install anywhere. However, RVLIFE is an app you can install on your phone or tablet. RVLIFE is associated with and interfaces with trip wizard. Plan your trip on trip wizard and then you can open it in RVLIFE and it will guide you to your destination. It works pretty well.
Thanks much.

We just completed a 3000-mile trip across the west, with nothing but our smart phones. We tried to stick to interstates, but it wasn’t always possible due to our plans and activities. I would call ahead and make a reservation in the morning for that night, sometimes a couple days ahead, and was able to get exactly what we wanted - there’s almost always cancellations.
There are several verizon dead zones in central Texas, and in several state and national parks - we were aware, and planned around that, but for the future, we’ll be combing through these forums for some past discussions I recall seeing, sbout connectivity.

Looks like we will be on the road mid-May for 5-6-7-8 weeks. The length of trip depends on weather, family, campgrounds and how much fun we are having.

I bought a GoodSam membership today, dont know if I need it but Ive got it if I do.

I have an older Garmin GPS that I intend to bring along because I own it and there are areas out west with no cell coverage, that means no GPS app coverage either.

Atlanta to Tucson to Vegas to Denver to Atlanta.
35' gasser.

We are not on a schedule so I am not making reservations.

At our destinations we can boondock on private property if need be.

On the way out and back we will be on roads that I have traveled many times. No need to do any sightseeing this trip. We are going to see people, not stuff.

Im ok with WM, Cracker Barrel and rest areas while in transit if need be.

For us this is the beauty of owning an RV, our schedule, not someone elses.
We ventured out into Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana this summer also. Would love to hear back from the OP to see how his trip went, especially around the Denver area. We spent almost 2 weeks in Ft Collins and found that if we would not have made reservations a couple months in advance it would have been a major issue getting a good spot.

When the time comes (maybe sooner than later with our Rand McNally which I dislike...) I'm going to try the app Sygic GPS Navigation through an Android Computer pad. They have a truckers app with an RV Option for sizes and weight.

When the time comes (maybe sooner than later with our Rand McNally which I dislike...) I'm going to try the app Sygic GPS Navigation through an Android Computer pad. They have a truckers app with an RV Option for sizes and weight.
MapWife uses Sygic and likes it. Hasn’t steered us wrong yet. I prefer TruckMap.

Latest resources

Back