Chassis
E450
Engine
7.3 gas
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford Ranger
Fulltimer
No
I’m in the early stages of planning a trip west. We live in Dallas, Georgia north west of Atlanta. Best route, camp grounds and the best time of the year to make the journey. Retiring early in 2022 and looking forward to some longer trips. I’m trying to use RV trip wizard but so far a little challenging. Thanks.

Rv trip wizard works well for a few of us. There are some YouTube videos that walk through using the platform which might be helpful. It will get easier as you do a few trips in RVTW. One thing I heartily recommend is investing in a good RV gps like a Garmin or an app once you start traveling as that will get you where you want to go and keep you out of places yiu don’t want to be. Ask questions here about routes, parks etc as many people have a lot of experience to share.

I plan to invest in a RV gps, Merry Christmas to me. Thanks

I’m in the early stages of planning a trip west. We live in Dallas, Georgia north west of Atlanta. Best route, camp grounds and the best time of the year to make the journey. Retiring early in 2022 and looking forward to some longer trips. I’m trying to use RV trip wizard but so far a little challenging. Thanks.
The west is huge, pick some areas that interest you the most, and narrow it down a bit so we can all chip in with info. Unless, you are heading to the far north, the late spring is great, as is the early fall. Summer gets more crowded.Depending on what areas you are interested in, you must consider forest fires in the fall, but fall in the western mountains is lovely. If your main agenda is the Grand Canyon area, spend time seeing the Utah parks. They are special, my favorite is Bryce. Judy D

Last edited:
The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is less developed and usually has a lot fewer people. It is also a bit out of the way. The South Rim has all the amenities and is easier to get to. As a result it has more crowds. There is no easy way to drive between the two. It is an all day trip. The NPS 'cheats' when personell need to go to from one to the other-- they have a helicopter.
The North Rim is also closer to the Utah Parks.

We did North Rim in early June and it was gorgeous and perfect weather. No real crowds to speak of at that time for us.

Latest resources

Back