Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Timo

RVF Regular
Has anyone ever figured out how to clean a gray tank? I can clean the black with my handy nozzle on a stick thro the toilet, but it appears chemicals are the only solution to clean a gray tank. My gray seems to be stuck on 33%

I have the same problem on occasion. Newmar recommended adding 8 oz of Aquamax to the tank. fill it and let it sit for seven days. Then rinse. If the tank is really dirty, one may have to repeat the procedure.

I have also tried adding this to the tank when it was near empty, and using water sparingly, so that it takes as close to seven days to fill, as possible. This has also worked, especially when driving for a few days.

I use liquid Cascade

Do you have access to the top of your gray tank?
Prior owner on our rig had a gray tank flush system added, just like the black tank flush.

I like Neil's idea of dishwashing compound. I have had good success with Dawn dish soap. Add a bag of crushed ice if you can wash it down the drain with Dawn. Drive to your destination. Ice cubes can be easily added to the black tank. Dump Ice in the toilet. Ice cubes do not go easily into the gray tank. Driving will agitate the ice and clean the contacts in your tanks.

I use Neal's solution. My gray tank sensors had been stuck at 2/3's for months. I added the dishwasher detergent to the gray tank when it was half full, drove for 200 miles, and when I dumped the tank the water was black as coal. Apparently, black mold had built up in the tank. The level sensors are now operating correctly.

Thanks a bunch
I tried Thetford Tankblaster with no success. I am going to try the Cascade. Seems like there would be some sort of access built into these things to use a pressure clean like you can through the toilet for black tanks

Latest resources

Back