Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Widgetbts

RVF Newbee
I recently purchased a toy hauler with a washer/dryer. Apparently, the prior owner washed clothes with grass in them, which is now in my gray tank and causing clogging issues. Short of replacing the tank, is there anything I can use to remove the grass from the tank?

thanks!

Kim Bass

Welcome to RVF, @Widgetbts; glad you have joined us.

I think a couple of good tank flushings may do the trick. You will need to be prepared to take the RV on a couple of short road trips (a couple of miles or more) to do this properly. Driving around will provide good agitation in the partially filled gray tank. The more turns and start/stops, the better.

Fill the gray tank about 25% and add 1/4 cup of liquid Dawn dishwashing soap. Put the Dawn into the sink drain and flush down with some water. Then, take the RV on a short drive and return to a place where you can immediately dump the tank. Don't let it sit for very long or you will lose much of the benefit.

Once dumped, repeat the above procedure a second time. The Dawn should break down any clumping and the grass residue should flow out more easily. Two dumps after good agitation due to the "road trips" should resolve the issue. If not, repeat the cycle a third time.

Good luck.

TJ

Latest resources

Back