• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Grey tanks open

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Great info above. Keep it closed. It's so easy to dump and takes little time to complete. On the other hand one "active person" on this site has electronic/motorized valves which open and close with a click.....

I am a believer in treating gray like I do black. I have spent a long time trying to find the balance of the perfect dump sequence.

This graph and data point shows my current process.

Basically, if the gray tank is 65% and black is below 50,then dump gray.

As we approach higher levels hold gray longer.

My rules never dump black below 85, and never let a tank exceed 95%.View attachment 13342View attachment 13343
Definitely suffering from engineeritis. Are you getting treatment?😂😂

We leave our gray tank closed except on laundry day we leave it open. I do know several full-timers that have macerating toleits that not only leave the gray tank open but also the black tank. Now if you have a drop toilet you need to keep the valves closed but these guys have been doing it full-time for years. They set the macerating toilets for the highest water level and one guy has had the same coach for over 8 years and has done since day one. Both of our toilets are macerating type but we old fashion and keep the tanks closed till dumping.

Latest resources

Back