• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Grommet and TPMS issues with inside dually tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
WOW - Just posted on this and then saw this discussion. Looks like I am having the same problem. I have the TST non flow thru pressure monitor. Reading the discussion above looks like the weight and vibration from the pressure monitor are causing the grommet to pop out and then the metal valve stem is then hitting the rim - causing damage. I've attached a picture of mine w/ the grommet popped back in.

I've also been losing tire pressure on the inside tire. I've been able to debug it to the valve stem extender loosening up - maybe caused by the vibration due to the tire pressure monitor?

I am concerned w/ not having a tire pressure monitor on the inside tire.

I'll try some silicon when I get a chance to see if this holds the grommet in place.

Attachments

• IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    719.2 KB · Views: 13
Had the same problem, which ended when the front tire went flat from the damaged monitor/transmitter. Tossed the whole bunch of them and I'm running blind now. I don't like that, but the solution being part of the problem, is not acceptable either.

Last edited:
A lot of these problems are caused by the flexible valvestem extensions. I am a firm believer that full-length, one-piece metal valvestems solve that problem. Yes, they do have to be installed by a tire shop (if your coach didn't come with them) but I believe the end result is worth the cost and extra effort.

TJ

Installed one-piece valve stems when the tires were rotated. Much happier with this install.
IMG_5405.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back