• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

New2RVing

RVF Regular
Good day all,
I now own a 2012 Pleasure Way Excel TS and will be hitting the road on 7 May for a couple months, driving all the way to Alaska before returning to my home in Texas. Though I am an accomplished tent camper, the RV thing is new to me. As I've continued to put together my trip I've realized that I will spend days between RV sites, in national parks and state parks. There are no hook-ups in these locations, but that isn't much of a concern to me. However, what does make me wonder is how to handle dumping the sewage and servicing up the water system when I am boondocking in the national and state parks.

Can I stop into an RV location along my route and dump and service there? If so, is there a charge for this? If so, any idea what it might be? If a quick RV location stop isn't allowed, what do you recommend I do when I have a full system and need to service?

Thanks for your help!!

Roger

Some RV campground with dump station will all outsiders to use, most with a nominal fee. There is a website, RVdumps.com although it doesn’t seem to show anything in Canada.

Ive seen $20 fees to dump at private RV parks. KOA parks usually charge less than $10. Ive also seen a lot of rest stops with free facilities. Nevada and Missouri come to mind. I’m sure there are more. And also many travel center/truck stops are capable but will usually charge $7-10. And then there are state and local parks with dump stations and the cost for that is factored in to the nominal fee for using the park - usually under $25 for an over night stay and well worth it - these are among my favorite parks. There are also apps for finding dump sites like Sani-Dump, RV Dump Stations, RV Dump, etc. Take a look at this: RV Dump Stations Near Me and/or go to the app store and search on RV Dump. I‘m also sure google can also provide far more info than you want.

RV sewer dump anxiety is a very real thing. The memory of Robin Williams at the RV dump station in the 2006 movie RV truly haunts many newbies to the RV lifestyle.

Rest assured, in real life, dumping sewage at an RV dump station (sometimes called a sani-dump) is a very easy and uneventful process. The key is to be prepared and have the right tools. i knows a website where you can buy the new one airstream Rv for these events..

Ive seen $20 fees to dump at private RV parks. KOA parks usually charge less than $10. Ive also seen a lot of rest stops with free facilities. Nevada and Missouri come to mind.
States that have significant RV traveling through the area understand the problems involved if travelers cannot find a Dump Site. There are many states that provide Dump Stations at Rest Areas on popular routes and Truck Stops sometimes cater to RVs needs as well.

Last edited:
Having traveled to Alaska you won't find much in the way of rest areas or truck stops. You will need to locate RV parks to dump your tanks. Your best bet is to get a copy of The Milepost to plan your trip. The MILEPOST

Some local/county sanitation stations allow dumping. Around here it's free for residents and a charge for non-residents.

Some RV campground with dump station will all outsiders to use, most with a nominal fee. There is a website, RVdumps.com although it doesn’t seem to show anything in Canada.
Wow! That is one neat website! Thank you!!!

I am wondering, is there something similar for replenishing the onboard water system? Any thoughts on how to do that?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back