Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Tanks, how long between fills and dumps?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mjeds

RVF VIP
my 2020 Highland Ridge UT2602RL has the following:

51 gallon fresh
58 gallon Grey
29 gallon Black

how often should I expect to fill the fresh and dump the grey/black tanks?

I live alone full time in this rig, and I am seeing that I have to fill and dump 2-3 times a week, which seems excessive to me.

Not sure how long you've been RVing but there are steps you can take to conserve. I think 2-3 times a week for normal ops and showers is what to expect with those sized tanks.

I've been Rv'ing for about a month now.

living in this thing full time and I've never camped or RV'd before.

I think I am using a bare minimum of water; I am gone the bulk of the day (7am to 7pm usually); I use bottled water to drink and cook.

I fill the toilet and only flush it, when necessary, usually after doing #1 so several times maybe 1-2 10 second flushes a day, obviously I flush for #2 as needed.

I use a capsule countertop dish water, which has a 1/2-gallon bottle you fill to wash dishes with. so not running excess water down the drain for no reason. us it maybe once every other day.

I installed sensor faucets in the kitchen and bath to prevent running water unnecessarily.

I limit my showers to 4-5 minutes turning off the water between wetting, soaping, rinsing. this is obviously the largest waste of water.

I figured I would be able to get a week or so out of the fresh water, and only need to dump once a week.

issue is the people that are allowing me to live on their property are not happy with me dumping 2-3 times a week, and I can't keep the rig hooked up to the sewage or fresh full time as the rig is 40' from the connections and they don't want hoses running across the property.

it isn't an ideal situation, but it is the only option I have for the immediate future.

Need to figure out how to limit the need to fill and dump. can't afford to upset those doing me the favor of letting me stay here.

How do you know when your tanks are full and is that accurate? It sounds like you're doing the right thing to conserve.

As an exercise put plastic dish pans in the kitchen sinks, and a bowl in the bathroom sink. My guess is the truth will become obvious!!!

I shower with 1 gallon of water! Want to know how?

To answer your original question!

I watch my water use very carefully. My tanks are comparable to yours. I can stretch tank chores two weeks, but plan every week.

What is different about my water use is a RO water filter system, so the 50 gallon water tank is used for drinking water.

It took us a while to change our water use habits, but we did. When we're off grid, which is most of the time, we've done up to 20 days until we need to dump & refill fresh. We use dish pans in the sinks then use that wash water for the low flow toilet (Wife says if it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down). We have a container to capture water from the shower until water is hot. We'll use that water for other things rather than just letting go into the grey. When showering, we use enough water to soap up, shut it off, scrub, rinse. Haven't measured but not much water used. We supplement our fresh supply with bottled water and a 5 gallon jug with rechargeable pump for drinking and cooking.

50 grey
50 black
86 fresh

Latest resources

Back