Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Colorado kids

RVF Newbee
Hi, we bought our used 2018 Jayco Greyhawk in March from a dealer in Yuma. In the last month we have noticed a large, hard hump under the floor in the bathroom. Yesterday I noticed another one in our bedroom. We had two licensed RV guys look at it and they are stumped. One even put it over his pit and looked at everything underneath and could see nothing wrong. Anyone have any experience with this or any ideas about what it could be?

Thanks for the reply but it's not water intrusion. That's why we're so befuddled. Hate to think of it, but we'll most likely have to pull up the floor.
Joe's suggestion is a good one! Rent or buy a moisture meter! If moisture Is not the issue, then pulling up the flooring won't do any good. My thoughts are about the rig being leveled up, without twists.
Are you towing a toad/trailer? Is the capacity stated by the manufacturer being adhered to?

Are you referring to a buckle at the seams? A wave in the floor?

Not seeing, what you have for a complaint, it is tough understanding what the problem is. There may not be a problem, just an irritant. If it is structural removing floor coverings likely won't reveal the problem, but filing a complaint with the dealer may leave you recourse should it prove serious.

Large bump or small bump? A small bump could be the head of a carriage bolt. A large bump could be either debris under the flooring or the plies in the plywood separating (the glue that holds the plies together failed or was insufficient/missing).

I had a few of the screws that hold down the floor come loose, like mentioned above, and push the floor covering up. I had to razor cut the flooring and screw them back down and used seam glue to repair the cut. In my case they were 1/4" x 4" self tapping screws that hold the flooring to the frame mounts.

Latest resources

Back