• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Have to be careful with electric loads

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I watched the video about the new builder building on the Prevost chassis. The Volvo engine had SIX alternators. It could run three ACs going down the road.

It should but have had the post breaker trip here in Bowie TX. Not sure if the energy management system was engaged. It is now.
It 101F today….
I’ve found that some campgrounds have old breakers that trip before reaching 50A. I’m connected up to RV-C network which spits out the current for each leg every 1/2 second. When I have a pedestal breaker trip I usually look at the graph of the current and see what the draw was when it tripped. If it was less than 50A, I configure the load shedding (Silverleaf) so that it only allows 45A or even 40A. It all depends on what the current draw was when breaker tripped.

I’ve found that some campgrounds have old breakers that trip before reaching 50A. I’m connected up to RV-C network which spits out the current for each leg every 1/2 second. When I have a pedestal breaker trip I usually look at the graph of the current and see what the draw was when it tripped. If it was less than 50A, I configure the load shedding (Silverleaf) so that it only allows 45A or even 40A. It all depends on what the current draw was when breaker tripped.
Mark - thats a smart idea about reconfiguring the load shedding--wish I had thought of it. I am going to adopt your practice from now on.

Four A/C’s on a Prevost.

Happy Bbc Earth GIF by BBC America
And still only 50A service.

As we experienced load issues I paid attention to the leg meters.
Combined we pulled up to 62 amps, the amount above the 50 amp pedestal power was drawn from the House battery I believe.
It will take some time to understand this system.

What kind of numbers are you getting on the shore legs?

62 amps of 120v?
If so, that is well below the 100 amps of 120v that you get on a “50 amp” RV circuit (which is 50 amps @ 240v)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back