Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

chmacdon

RVF Newbee
Hi Everyone! I bought a Jayco Swift class B van in March 2022, and the air conditioner went out almost immediately. I took it back to camping world three times and they were unable to fix it, so I was unable to use the van all summer. They informed me that they ordered a new air conditioner for it and some other parts that it needed back in June. I still have not received a call from the dealership and I’ve reached out to them several times. The parts are not in yet and I’ve asked if I could get my money back or a New Jayco Swift. Everyone just ignores my calls and emails. Corporate won’t even call me back and I’ve called them several times. Not sure what else I’m supposed to do at this point. Any advice?

If Jayco doesn’t come through, maybe try contacting the finance company (assuming it isn’t RV World).
Sounds like the dealer has you in a horrible spot.
RV World does not hold it's own paper. They would use banks and CUs and most likely have their own F & I person. In the loan process, once a deal is funded, the dealer is paid and the buyer has a loan with payments due. I have never seen a lender get involved in a service issue between a buyer and the dealer.
The only recourse I would see is with the manufacturer and dealership. Sometimes bad reviews and posts in public forums (like this one, FB, dealership blog...) can help get things moving. Will they trade you out of it?
Hope there is an end soon.
Ken

RV World does not hold it's own paper. They would use banks and CUs and most likely have their own F & I person. In the loan process, once a deal is funded, the dealer is paid and the buyer has a loan with payments due. I have never seen a lender get involved in a service issue between a buyer and the dealer.
The only recourse I would see is with the manufacturer and dealership. Sometimes bad reviews and posts in public forums (like this one, FB, dealership blog...) can help get things moving. Will they trade you out of it?
Ken

Hmm, I thought perhaps they’d want to know that they’re financing a lemon. I suppose there are probably differences between financing cars and RVs.

I was turned off by Camping World’s tactics, and have vowed not to shop there.

Ken
I thought they might trade me out of it but then they were trying to charge me like I was buying a new RV, (asking for a down payment) and I was like no, I just gave you all a down payment for the Jayco Swift, I don’t have anymore money for a down payment. I just want a fair trade. Bottom line, they are terrible and I definitely have learned my lesson. I will never buy anything from them ever again. But, that doesn’t help my current situation:) I will try to contact Jayco directly, they may be able to help me.

Hmm, I thought perhaps they’d want to know that they’re financing a lemon. I suppose there are probably differences between financing cars and RVs.

I was turned off by Camping World’s tactics, and have vowed not to shop there.
I will definitely never buy anything from them again and I will make sure I tell all my friends my story so they are not put in a similar situation.

Latest resources

Back