Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rsternod

RVF Newbee
We are looking to go full time here soon and was wondering what everybody uses for health insurance if you're too young for Medicare?? Thanks!

I’ve been with MediShare for just over two years (ever since my COBRA ended). We went from paying about $3,000/month to about $550/month. We are healthy individuals and selected their $10,000 deductible option.

I looked into insurance plans, but all I could find were ACA health plans were the premiums were about $3,000/month. That’s $36K/year just for health insurance!

This type of coverage is not for everyone. It’s not called insurance, because it doesn't comply with all the state requirements for “health insurance”. They don’t cover preexisting conditions for the first year or two and don’t cover claims related to non Christian activities (ex. injuries you sustain from driving drunk).

Its a little bit of a learning curve (ie how to get discounted medication), but I feel more empower taking control of my own healthcare. I’ve even found that prescriptions with a discount card (GoodRx, can be cheaper than the insurance co-pay).

I’m glad I’ve made the switch and I’ve saved about $60K in the past two years.

We are looking to go full time here soon and was wondering what everybody uses for health insurance if you're too young for Medicare?? Thanks!
I made Florida my domicile specifically because I could get an individual PPO with Florida Blue. Every other state I looked into offered only HMOs. Other bonuses to registering in Florida: no state income tax and low vehicle registration fees. St. Brendan Isle does a great job as a mail forwarding service and they are helpful in obtaining your voter registration card in Clay County, FL.

I wanted something that I could use nationwide since we are full time, registered in Florida. Settled on Medicare Aetna Advantage PPO, very happy and used in Arizona last year with no issues.

Latest resources

Back