Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
Since purchasing a new 44' fiver from Heartland approximately 20 months ago I have repaired numerous items. Four of the biggest were (1) ice maker water lines installed wrong (2) propane line feeding stove installed wrong & leaking (3) TV surround speakers wired wrong (4) microwave/convection installed wrong causing it to burn up. There were dozens of other minor issues that were more or less typical when purchasing a $100,000 to $150,000 RV. Not that big of a deal, and since I could fix all of these, I avoided taking it to a dealer for warranty.

I did call on Heartland Customer Service within the first year to send me a replacement roller shade that failed plus a replacement microwave/convection oven. They sent the shade but would only send me a cheap microwave. The microwave quit working this month.

Since they refused to replace my microwave/convection while I was under warranty I suspected they would never agree to replace the cheap microwave after several more months out of warranty. I still reached out to Customer Service and let them know that another roller shade had failed plus the cheap microwave had failed.

They agreed, as a goodwill gesture, to send me both parts at no cost. They claim they are even sending a microwave/convection this time to replace my exact equipment. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Latest resources

Back