Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mike_b42

RVF Regular
On the road in the mountains, getting a bit chilly at night...

Tried to tun on my heater this morning and it didn't work. The fan came on, but the air stayed cold. I opened out the outside panel and measured the sail switch, seems to be OK. I tried a few times, and I noticed that the exhaust air from the furnace does get hot, meaning that the burner is on, and I can hear the burner running. But after a few seconds, the exhaust gets cold again. Then, after a few seconds, this repeats, but eventually the furnace tunes off and stops altogether. My assumption is that the flame sensor is either bad or dislodged. (we had to go over some washboard roads yesterday). But how do I get to the sensor? I looked at the furnace from inside the RV, but it seems to be enclosed in a metal cage, and I don't know how to get access. The only panels that I see is welded shut. There is a sticker on the cage that says "Suburban manufacturing", but I don't see a model number.

Has anybody seen this and what was the solution?

Thanks for your help.

I don't see any reference to what heater you have or your coach details. Please provide sufficient detail for people to help you promptly. You can also click the link in my signature to complete your profile with RV info.

Thanks, Neal. I was trying to find information, but the only thing I could identify was that it is a heater from "Suburban Manufacturing". I went to their website, but they don't have any information there. They told me that they don't provide information to end users. The RV is a 2004 model from Fourwinds, the model is "Majestic". I just took a few photos of what I can see from the heater. Maybe that helps. I don't even know how I would get access to the parts, it seems to be welded shut...

Attachments

• IMG_2691.jpg
    IMG_2691.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2690.jpg
    IMG_2690.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2689.jpg
    IMG_2689.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 6
There appears to be a label behind the grill.

I would test the paddle micro switch. As I recall there are some bimetal sensors on the heat exchanger.

I have a tendency to sided with suburban, if only because I put safety first! We wouldn't be having this conversation if you knew how to work on it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back