RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Jayco
RV Model
Expanda
RV Length
Hi all
Jason from Brisbane Australia, I'm a mate of @Rollin Ollen and have been on other sites posting trip reports from Australia for a lot of my USA friends Darrell @Rollin Ollen included.
Im a First responder (Law enforcement ) in my 34th year of service, Only 7 years to retirement:p
Our latest trip to my favourite country outside OZ (8th trip to the USA) is our first without our 3 kids and is as follows;
May 2 Brisbane to Dallas Fort Worth
May 2 to May 9 Texas (Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio)
May 9 to May 11 Tennessee (Lynchburg, Franklin, Leipers Fork)
May 11 to May 15 Nashville
May 15 to May 16 Salt Lake City to Lava Hot Springs
May 16 to May 19 Jackson Wyoming
May 19 to May 22 Yellowstone
May 22 to May 24 San Diego
May 24 back to Brisbane

Any ideas or places to visit that only locals would know would be appreciated.

Cheers
Jason

Welcome! I personally use TripAdvisor to help see what's available in the area. Let us know what you find so others can learn from your travels. Welcome aboard!

Hi all
Jason from Brisbane Australia, I'm a mate of @Rollin Ollen and have been on other sites posting trip reports from Australia for a lot of my USA friends Darrell @Rollin Ollen included.
Im a First responder (Law enforcement ) in my 34th year of service, Only 7 years to retirement:p
Our latest trip to my favourite country outside OZ (8th trip to the USA) is our first without our 3 kids and is as follows;
May 2 Brisbane to Dallas Fort Worth
May 2 to May 9 Texas (Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio)
May 9 to May 11 Tennessee (Lynchburg, Franklin, Leipers Fork)
May 11 to May 15 Nashville
May 15 to May 16 Salt Lake City to Lava Hot Springs
May 16 to May 19 Jackson Wyoming
May 19 to May 22 Yellowstone
May 22 to May 24 San Diego
May 24 back to Brisbane

Any ideas or places to visit that only locals would know would be appreciated.

Cheers
Jason
Good to see you on board Jason. This board is growing by leaps and bounds every day. You will discover there is a broad spectrum of users here. Also looking forward to hearing about some of your adventures "down under". Love your pics!

Safe travels

Darrell

Hello, since you are heading toward San Antonio, TX the Hill Country area (Kerrville, Fredericksburg, etc.) is really beautiful (my Father works on a Ranch in Kerrville) and if you take Highway 290 West from Austin to Fredericksburg and then Highway 16 to Kerrville its very scenic, there are lot of Wineries if you like that kind of stuff off 16 and Fredericksburg has an awesome Pacific War Museum with one of the only fully restored PT-boats in the nation (link to the site below). There are several Texas State Parks around there to visit for hikes as well and they are well kept and very nice. Also, if you like tubing the Guadalupe River State Park is a good place to visit. I have camped a ton of State Parks here in Texas and have enjoyed all of them. You might stop by Enchanted Rock and climb it, Lost Maples State Park, etc...

Pacific War Museum

Texas State Parks Map (to see the different parks nearby)

Welcome aboard!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back