Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hello, I am a new member from New Jersey.!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Gary Cooper

RVF Newbee
I am in the process of buying a 2020 Riverstone Legacy 38RKFB. I have a question for other Riverstone owners out their . I am new to 5th wheels ( have owned A models in the past) and I have a new Reese M5 hitch. I wanted to set the height of the hitch before I pick up the unit. But, not sure about the height to set the hitch in the bed of my truck. I have a 2017 F350 dully to tow with. If any one has the same 5th wheel and vehicle set up I would greatly appreciate feed back as the height you set your hitch. And of course any other wisdom you may want to pass along.
Thanks much. Looking forward the our new RV and staring stories on the site.

Welcome aboard!

No experience with 5th wheels but welcome to the forum.

Hi, Gary! Have you found the info you need for your new 5th wheel? My set up required the standard 47 inch height and my husband and I made no adjustments after the install. However, your dually may sit higher than our 250 4x4. There is a good answer at etrailer.com that might be helpful to you. I'm going to try to post it here: https://www.etrailer.com/question-266805.html

Good luck, and welcome to the Forum!
Laurel

Thank you for your reply. I have been told the height of the pin plate (level) on the RV is 48". My Dually does sit a bit higher. I will have to see how
it looks when we get to the unit and can evaluate the setup.

Latest resources

Back