• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hello My name is Susie

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
When I had my Bounder, the parking brake had to be engaged, transmission in Park and the engine idling before the jacks would deploy, then deploy the slide.

I did do that but I just would like to know if there's a way to side step the power board just to check it to make sure if I needed to get a new board. Because the board is 500. and it is a used one. Thank you for answering this is the first time I have done this and I like it. It really makes you think.

Thanks so much

Susie

Welcome. How is the fluid level in the reservoir?

I have a tool made by Skil Above, a teacher at the NRVTA produces them. It will test and operate about any system for leveling. But it will cost you about $750 at least. I hate working on leveling systems as they change them frequently and they are all different in how they operate. Even the hydraulics are reinvented with bi-directional flows instead of using valves to direct the one way flow. No filters on them.

Of course it would be nice if we had a board number!!!

You have valves, hydraulic pump, and a logic board. Nothing hard about that!

2 12v jumpers to inject power to valves and pump will test the components (Open valve before engaging pump). From there check proper sensing circuits for a good signal, all before you waist money on the board!!!

My experience tells me connections first, switches second, solenoids third! Are the order of most failures (in almost anything with mechanical/electrical). If you do the first injection procedure, and test for signals, you will likely have fixed the problems...

For reliability in the future I would verify everything now, while you're working on it!!!

Latest resources

Back