• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hello

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hey Skipper...have you tried that “RV friendly” routing function on RV Life? If so, what has been your experience with it?
Sure have...a LOT! Probably 20-30 trips over 7,000 miles total.

Ed,
It's just "OK"...it has a LONG way to go before I'd consider it as a primary nav source.
The list of shortcomings far outweigh the big benefit, which is that it automatically syncs to your RVTW trips.
I could give a long list of negatives, but will just say that, in terms of Driver Information, it pales in comparison with a Garmin Nav unit.
The features such as turn ahead, lanes info, hazard info, voice prompting, etc. are completely lacking.
I've also had several routes that are questionable, and it's impossible to make any changes "on the fly".

HTH

Thanks for that feedback. I used it twice this week and both times had me raising an eyebrow. I’m not sure what is RV friendly about a two lane gravel road shooting off of a 4 lane highway, but that’s what it wanted me to do. It also wanted to wait until I was in the middle of an intersection before telling me to turn right. It’s a good idea, but lacking in the execution it seems.

We've tried several work-arounds and came to the conclusion that a dedicated GPS unit like the Garmin was the right choice for us. Nothing else worked nearly as well. YMMV.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back