Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I went to test the AGS today to make sure it will fire up and after it did I manually shut off the generator. Now the AGS keeps firing up. I have set AGS to off. What now? Comical almost. Luckily I have short hair and some patience.

It hasn’t done it again and I am wondering if you have to let the AGS test run to completion. Going to disconnect the phone jack just for safety. And thank you @Neal

I'm not sure, when I let it exercise every X days I leave it alone. I think there is also a warm up and cool down time setting so make sure it does its thing. Wish I could find someone from Cummins/Onan to come in and answer questions or train some of us, seems like this GEN is something we all don't understand well enough. I'll see if I can find someone.

You have to stop the gen using the magnum remote when you use the remote to turn it on. Otherwise, depending on the start reason, it could restart.

As you may recall, a while back we had the generator auto-start unexpectedly. At first, I wondered if it was related to the bi-weekly auto-start/exercise on the new whole-house generator as they both occurred on the same morning. Subsequently, however, we have had the whole-house generator run through its bi-weekly exercise and the coach generator did not start.

Never did figure out why the coach auto-started as that function was set to "Off." I did, however, reset the maximum run time down to 120 minutes from the default 240. I also enabled and then disabled Auto-start. Don't know if that made any difference, but we have not had another unexplained auto-start.

The miracles of modern technology!

TJ

@redbaron do you know if you are running a AGS test mode that it will shut itself to complete the test? I had AGS off. So maybe it has to complete its test cycle is the only thing I can think of if that was even possible. The reason I say that is the inverter was displaying AGS control. I was trying to shut it off at the remote after turning it off once at the dash switch. When it quit restarting, the AGS control no longer displayed.

I’ll probably drive out tomorrow am to make sure it’s not filling the storage building with diesel fumes.

@redbaron do you know if you are running a AGS test mode that it will shut itself to complete the test? I had AGS off. So maybe it has to complete its test cycle is the only thing I can think of if that was even possible. The reason I say that is the inverter was displaying AGS control. I was trying to shut it off at the remote after turning it off once at the dash switch. When it quit restarting, the AGS control no longer displayed.

I’ll probably drive out tomorrow am to make sure it’s not filling the storage building with diesel fumes.
If you start it from test button, but kill it with the dash, then the magnum will see that as a failed start. It will attempt to start again.

From the manual:
If the generator attempted to start but did not run, continue to wait—the AGS
will attempt to start the generator three more times. If the generator fails to start after
four attempts, the STATUS LED will turn red—indicating a fault

Latest resources

Back