• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bjenkinssr

RVF Newbee
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and new to owing a class A. So I recently bought a 2007 Gulfstream Sun Voyager model 8389 and I am having some problems:

If engine is running and the generator is started the dash lights up indication a battery system problem. Then the generator shuts off. Here is some things I have done with no success. I purchased two new deep cycle marine batteries and installed in parallel I measured the chassis battery at 12.6 volt with engine off and 14.3 running so it seems alternator is fine. The new coach batteries are not charging via the alternator and slowly dying as I start the generator or use batt power. I have to use an external batt charger to re-charge the coach batteries. There is a error code “29” on the Owen Marquis Gold 5500 indicating high battery voltage. With the engine off the generator works some times but other times it shuts off fairly quickly and inside the coach I hear a click like a switch. I cannot seem to locate an automatic transfer switch or even the location of the inverter. I bought this from someone that absolutely knew nothing about RV’s but that’s about where I am too so it was the blind leading the blind. I have a few other issues but this is the most important one I need to address. As for shore power I can only hook up to a home 20amp service. But found this also fails in charging the new coach batteries. Can someone please help me at least locate the transfer switch or inverter or whatever else I need to check. I have checked literally all the fuses I can find and they are good. Thank you

Brad

There should be a converter panel located under the refrigerator or along the pedestal of the bed. This will have battery leads which you should be able to trace back to the inverter if installed. Hope this helps with location of components. You should also have a monitor panel, shows tank levels etc. This panel may have some electrical option, like on/off switch for inverter.

Thanks for the reply. I will investigate further and report back. I can’t imaging anything under the fridge as there is only a very small vent there but I will check. I plan to install a residential fridge there anyways as the refer is not cooling. There are several wires under the bed but it’s a king and has its own motor to lift the head of the bed in order to close the slide. I will double check the panel with the tank levels to see if I missed something. Thanks again.

Latest resources

Back