• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Help me figure out Cellular antennas

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
RVing is a great candidate for 3D printing. I created containers, mounts/hooks, all kinds of things. @Chuggs got me started, he made a lot of RV things too:

My stuff:

@Chuggs stuff:

Ok, hopefully last questions.

1. If I have zero plan to use Wifi, if antenna I get has it, save to just cut the wifi cable near the antenna, maybe leave cut end in the AC shroud?

2. When you fill with Sikaflex, do you apply the cap and then shoot it in the opening, or fill the cap, and then put the cap over the wires?

I wouldn't cut any wires. If you have an antenna already run the wires. If you buy new, I would get cellular only. My $.02.

As Dicor is more "runny" I use the Sikaflex 221 to fill the gap and it creates a dam. Then top with Dicor. You could also use Silicone, it's effectively the same.

I like those you linked. I had previously bought winegard and one other, that were bigger in total size, but didn't have as big an opening for wires. That one you linked too looks perfect for a decent size bundle.

Last edited:
Another option for Wi-Fi cables if you don't want to run them through the roof is to just coil and store them. Tape the ends, zip tie it to something but definitely don't cut the cables.

Latest resources

Back