Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Help my water pump went out during winterizing!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

WYldgirl

RVF Newbee
I have a 2005 210 Poplar. I filled and drained my black and gray tanks. Waited a week for anything left to evaporate. Put 2 gallons of antifreeze in each water tank. Turned on the water pump and nothing was flowing. Ordered a new pump. The original model was not available. Got the closest one. My teenage son put the new one in. First, there is an extra wire with nowhere to connect. Then it sounds like it is working but no water flows from the sink. When you reach around the back of the pump there is mild wetness. When you taste what is on your hand it is antifreeze. Help! I live in Wyoming. Anyday we could drop into the teens. There is only one rv repair in town and they are rude and not helpful. We want to fix it ourselves to save $$$. My son is going into mechanics and thought he could handle it. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

Check youtube. you may need to prime the new water pump. I think I saw somewhere to raise the front of the vehicle to get fluid to flow back. good luck. you could always put s space heater in unit if temperatures drop really fast

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back