• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Help! No house power!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I just helped a fellow camper a few days ago. He had similar issues as yours. Turned out the converter/charger breaker had tripped. This is the 120v breaker in the panel. Looking at the breaker, it did not show as being tripped, but when he went to cycle it, there was no resistance turning it off, and then it had resistance going back on. The battery immediatly showed 13.5v, indicating it was taking a charge.

Check the converter / charger breaker, then check the output voltage of the charging circuit. It should exceed 13.0 volts.

After tons of troubleshooting, my wife and I pretty much figured out it had to be the box near the battery (which ended up being the disconnect relays). Seeing we weren’t 100% sure we took it to a mechanic while passing thru Bakersfield. He basically bypassed the switch so we could continue our journey. Everything is working now so luckily the kids don’t have to sweat much while we trek through Arizona! If you ever need an RV mechanic near Bakersfield, contact RM’s RV shop. The owner and his brother fit us in and helped us, even when all the places around quoted appointments 4 weeks out. I really appreciate all the help y’all gave us in this forum. It’s greatly appreciated!! Hopefully we have minimal to zero problems until we get home ?. Thanks again

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back