Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Ford F150 King Ranch
Fulltimer
No
Having trouble finding some replacement lug nut covers for my 17 Ventana LE.
First I ordered some from etrailer (33mm x2 9/16" tall), but the were just a teeny bit too narrow it seemed.
PXSP33Phoenix USA Lug Nut Cover - Stainless Steel - 2-9/16" Tall - 33 mm Hex - Qty 1

I called Freightliner, they said they only have the 33mm, then they told me they don't provide the "brightworks" on the XCR chassis to coach builders, I'd have to call Newmar. So contacted Newmar, and they came back with PN 01223 but it doesn't look right, the flange at the bottom looks too narrow, and the title indicates it's for a Spartan chassis.

Anybody with a 2017 Ventana been through this and know the answer?

Here's what Newmar said to order: (not sure it's right)
lugnutcovrnewmar reccom oct 1.png

I ordered a bag of them from Amazon, I just picked out the ones with the right shape, they fit fine. The other source would be a truck stop if you have one handy.

As mentioned, I picked up some at a truck stop.

I have no experience in this category, but I was thinking about this company:

Maybe they can help?
Good call Randy. Turns out Dicor Versa Liners were used on the wheels of some Newmar coaches like mine, as I found the installation tool and instructions in my basement. However, my covers don't match their description, waiting for them to reply to a detailed email I sent them.
Thanks for the suggestion.

OK, here's the rest of the story. For those of you with interest in such minutae...

I later learned my coach did NOT have the Dicor Versa liners on the rims, the instructions for these were left in my coach in error by the dealer. After trading many emails with Newmar, and failing to find anything the right size online, I finally spoke to my orig salesperson at Holland and he said the VTLE's arrived with steel rims back then, and they sent them to a local tire shop to get upgraded Alum rims (Accuride polished Alum rims, 22.5x8.25 PN 41644 XP) installed. I called the dealer they used, no help, don't handle that anymore, called another guy he suggested, no help. So I finally found some on Amazon, but only 3'' tall versions. Mine are about 2 1/2" tall. Most 33mm are 2 3/8 or less. I finally realized i can order taller units and use them on the rear axle and no one would notice, giving me plenty of spares up front.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FS66GHC/?tag=rvf01-20

Glad i have these better rims but dealer never noted this to me. I probably spent 2-3 hours total sorting out this little issue... PITA

Latest resources

Back