Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Here is my hike to angels landing ... DO NOT ATTEMPT!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
ARD, as an avid running ... I was surprised to find myself out of breath on at some of these hikes. Being in good physical condition is only half of the battle, the other half is learning to breath at higher elevations. I live my life at sea-level (on the FL coast) ... 6000-8000 feet up is a real change for me. The other factor is the heat, which really did not bother me as again ... I live in FL. My skin did get very dried out as there in no humidity there.

Being in good physical condition is only half of the battle, the other half is learning to breath at higher elevations. I live my life at sea-level (on the FL coast) ... 6000-8000 feet up
I totally understand. I remember when i moved from Florida to Colorado 16 years ago on my first hike, this older couple passed me TWICE going up and back down. ? It took me a while to get used to the elevation. Whenever I go back to Florida, my skin is so happy to get all plump and juicy again. LOL Drinking LOTS of water helps. Thanks for sharing your hike with us. ?

That reminds me when google maps insisted I should take a shorter route through the ozarks and because I was in the middle of driving I went with it and found myself on some “off the beaten path road”. Holy geez’us no thank you.

I totally understand. I remember when i moved from Florida to Colorado 16 years ago on my first hike, this older couple passed me TWICE going up and back down. ? It took me a while to get used to the elevation. Whenever I go back to Florida, my skin is so happy to get all plump and juicy again. LOL Drinking LOTS of water helps. Thanks for sharing your hike with us. ?
Don’t feel bad.I regularly, have “older people” pass me, and I am not in bad shape. Some of these “older people” who have been doing this all of their lives are not to be messed with.?

Yeah, I don't think that I will be attempting this one. I love Zion and have been there are few times...but I'll pass on this one and continue to watch the folks that post videos of their hikes! ?

The hike itself is very much a mental challenge but doable. As I stated above, the real challenge is not being accidentally push, pulled, knocked, dragged, etc... by stupid people trying to pass you while you stand on a 6" ledge with a 1200' drop below. What needs to happen is that park management needs to limit the number of people and direction of traffic flow. Imagine trying to go to the summit ... standing on that little ledge while people who are going down from the summit are trying to pass you. They are literally wrapping their body around you as they try to pass ... and if they slip ... who do you think they are gonna grab.

Latest resources

Back