Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Here is my hike to angels landing ... DO NOT ATTEMPT!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RSKDSK

RVF VIP
Crazy that this hike is even allowed ... very dangerous (3 people have died this year and 14 since 2000). NO SUPERVISION is what makes this hike dangerous as people attempt to pass other people while dangling 1000 ft' on a 6" ledge

Last edited:
I think I'll pass on that one.

I'll will & have jumped out of a plane......BUT.....NOT DOING THAT HIKE!!:cool:

I don’t like heights. And I don’t even like looking at that picture !

This appears to be a very strenuous hike and a real mental challenge. From all my friends that have accomplished this hike, they loved it.

Unfortunately for me it will have to wait until the next life time. :)

Attempting to video while navigating this trail is exceeding dangerous ...

Interestingly most injuries/deaths occur on the wide section of the trail not the very narrow end with the chain hand hold. There are no railings and a simple misstep is all that is necessary for injury or worse.

Last edited:
I can't wait to do this hike. It's been on my bucket list although I may need to seriously train to do it. Oh and maybe wear a diaper when the fear slaps me. LOL

I would do it. Execept for the very top where the lines were forming, looked quite doable; dangerous, if you lose your balance, but a lot easier than the last one I did, of course,I am not 80 yet. I hope I can still do it then.

Whole lotta nope in that vid.

I am not afraid of the height or the ledge and the chain really helps, but it is very much a mental challenge! Once you get past the mental part, the realization kicks in that all these 18-25 year old invincible people do not realize that passing people IS NOT OK! One guy tried to pass my camera guy and he got caught on his hiking stick ... absolutely no park management stopping idiots from bother others.

Latest resources

Back