Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I don't think Uncle Elon has anything to worry about. Bezos missed that party both with his Space X competition and now this. But guess we'll see. Just wish Space X went public!

My thought was with the AWS infrastructure behind it would be solid option assuming he can get the satellites up. It’s clear starlink has the first mover advantage.

Bezo VaporWare....

Like much of the internet, having the “cloud” does not eliminate the ground based assets. SpaceX had to and is still building out ground physical data center infrastructure that the satellites connect to.
AWS has a huge physical infrastructure in place on the ground, around the globe.
IIRC, amazon isn’t going after the consumer segment, but focusing on the business sector - Higher bandwidth per customer, less dishes, less customers to support, more revenue per customer.
Amazon has their work cut out to catch up, but if executed well, they can claim a niche which will provide the needed revenue to continue expansion.
SpaceX is going about this in a more challenging way, but Elon likes a challenge.

Today, there's one clear winner. 5 or 10 years from now, and beyond, we'll see. If you don't try you failed. First isn't always best in the sense of the service provided. Will be tough, but at least they are trying. And then it's all who signs contracts with who, i.e. DOD going with Amazon could be huge.

More securely? I know for sure Alexia eavesdrops on my conversations. This is based on conversations I have with my daughter and suddenly the item(s) we were talking about shows up on my Amazon page or I get Amazon sending promotion emails for the same item(s) we were talking about.

I have a Firestick attached to my TV. The TV does seem to need to be on in order for Alexia to eavesdrop. I also find it interesting that I can tell Alexia (without needing to click on the remote's "Alexia button") to stop buffering and it stops buffering. Alexia does not like it when I watch Rumble on my TV. It's the only channel that suffers from excessive buffering. But that's just a coincidence. LOL

You can turn off the FireStik when TV is off by using a USB power source that is driven by the TV. The downside is the FireStik will not auto update when power is off.

1701601323454.png

More securely? I know for sure Alexia eavesdrops on my conversations. This is based on conversations I have with my daughter and suddenly the item(s) we were talking about shows up on my Amazon page or I get Amazon sending promotion emails for the same item(s) we were talking about.

I have a Firestick attached to my TV. The TV does seem to need to be on in order for Alexia to eavesdrop. I also find it interesting that I can tell Alexia (without needing to click on the remote's "Alexia button") to stop buffering and it stops buffering. Alexia does not like it when I watch Rumble on my TV. It's the only channel that suffers from excessive buffering. But that's just a coincidence. LOL
The saying is, smart devices aren't the product! You are!!! But that's just conspiracy theory, right!!!

Latest resources

Back