Question Hi everyone! 1999 Express 29 ft.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
I'm a newbie to the forums as well as a newbie owner of a new used 1999 Dutchman Express 29 ft. class c. It has a Chevy 7.4
A few months after we bought it the engine seized. So, I've been looking for a reman engine. All the companies I've been enquiring with are great until they find it is going in a rv. Is there really that much of difference, or is it purely a warranty issue they don' want to get involved with? The vin # match is fine.
Thanks for your help!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
Welcome to RF, @Bobgar; glad you have joined us. Sorry that you are experiencing a problem getting a remanufactured engine for your coach. I would never have thought there would be a problem with an engine going into a Class C coach. No idea why it would matter. I would ask the supplier what the problem is and how you can get a remanufactured engine for your coach.

Short of that, I guess you could have your existing engine rebuilt by a qualified mechanic. It would probably be a bit more expensive, but you might also get a better product.

Good luck.

TJ

Last edited:
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Welcome @Bobgar. Great to have you join us.

RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Check with Summit Racing or Jegs. They specialize in performance auto parts and crate engines. I KNOW they'll have a big block Chevy engine with a towing cam available. They both have great prices and I highly recommend them both. I've bought from them for over 30 years!
If you just want a long block built back to stock specs here's one.............https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vre-vck2/make/chevrolet
This one actually comes from Chevrolet Performance. It's a rebuilt long block as well.............https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-12339193?rrec=true
There's lots more to choose from!!!