Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hi everyone, I’ve got towing questions!!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I just ran my truck over the scale and it came in at 6820# 1/2 ton, bigger motor, well almost twice the size. I was hoping someone else would cover this post. But 11000 minus likely 6300 should give you the answer you are after. Honestly I am tired of telling people what I think of Ford telling people a 6 with 2 turbos is good for towing

Thank you! Yeah some clothes , a fly rod and books, some tools general stuff to live and work somewhere . I’m lucky I can retire now . I have been with my job for almost 28 years and I can collect my pension at 55. However I will need to pick up some change to cover some expenses so that’s why I’m looking at the campground host positions that are paid.
Good luck. Yeah, I have two years left with my agency then I retire with 30 years of service. Will be 53. I will get another job to make extra money and play a bit and travel with our new found camping lifestyle. I am looking forward to retiring and them sending me home making the same amount I make actually working! But working with government and hazardous chemicals and running another unit, I am ready to retire and relax a bit.

I just ran my truck over the scale and it came in at 6820# 1/2 ton, bigger motor, well almost twice the size. I was hoping someone else would cover this post. But 11000 minus likely 6300 should give you the answer you are after. Honestly I am tired of telling people what I think of Ford telling people a 6 with 2 turbos is good for towing
So if I understand you I’m looking at towing a trailer less than 5000? And is that with everything else factored in? Stuff in trailer and truck?

That is fully loaded with no fudge room. We are always talking about the 80% rule around here. We don't want to be part of the problem. See all out use is what the sticker gives you, but 80% is 100%duty cycle for the equipment.

My bad!! I got lost in numbers. To answer properly, what is the gcvw for the truck?

I went back through the posts and see where I may have picked up on the wrong one.

My bad!! I got lost in numbers. To answer properly, what is the gcvw for the truck?

I went back through the posts and see where I may have picked up on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Kevin, it’s the 14.5 wheel base super cab. 3.55 17100 lbs . There are to different engines for that cab , one is the 3.5 TiVCT and one is the GTDI. I put the vin in fords site and it said the truck is a GTDI and I know I have the ecoboost engine. Note the number 7 next to the kg. That means MAX trailer tow payload package. The 2 and 3 next to GCWR mean 2- calculated with sae j2807 method and the 3 means heavy duty trailer tow payload package unless stated otherwise.

Latest resources

Back