Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jims67

RVF Newbee
My best friend passed away and left me his 1996 Coachman Refuge Weekend 13ft. travel trailer. I'm restoring it and I need to know how many gallons of black water and fresh water tanks hold. Any help will greatly help me finish this job. Thank you

I'm sorry about your best friend! If you can determine when the tanks are full you could use a flow meter to test.

Amazon product ASIN B0187BOFD6

Welcome to the group. Sorry for your loss. I did a search and so far I have not found specs on the Refuge. I’m not sure if anyone at Coachman could help. I don’t think they will have info that far back but try them.

If you can get to the tanks, measure them. Length, width, height. Cypher it out and divide by volume of a gallon. That will at least give you a rough estimate.

Yeah, I know....."Cypherin's the work of the devil".

Roger

My best friend passed away and left me his 1996 Coachman Refuge Weekend 13ft. travel trailer. I'm restoring it and I need to know how many gallons of black water and fresh water tanks hold. Any help will greatly help me finish this job. Thank you
I've tested the capacities of fresh water tanks in the past. Fill tank, place 5 gallon bucket under the drain and count how many times it fills. I never tried this method with the holding tanks for obvious reasons.

I've tested the capacities of fresh water tanks in the past. Fill tank, place 5 gallon bucket under the drain and count how many times it fills. I never tried this method with the holding tanks for obvious reasons.
However you can do the reverse of that and count the number of gallons you put in.

Yes you can but I find it much easier to measure the drain than to try to fill the tank inlet with a bucket.
I was under the impression that water containers came in different shapes and sizes 🤔 I could be wrong.

Or you could use something like this.
RESTMO Water Flow Meter with Brass Inlet Metal Thread, Measure Gallon/Liter Consumption and Flow Rate for Outdoor Garden Hose Watering, RV Water Tank Filling, Lawn Sprinkler and Nozzle Sprayer Amazon.com

Joe, do you buy all these toys?

Latest resources

Back