Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It seems I have a new enabler, @GlampDaddy is doing the credit card collection tremendous harm of late :) So here is one of his finds which I used when at Hilton Head, one of the coolest bestest hose splitters I've seen. He got his from Menards, which I heard of but have never seen, until YESTERDAY when in Indianapolis. Too late, already ordered from Amazon which he told me would be nearly twice as much as from the store directly. But this little critter is too cool and works wonderfully.

Amazon product ASIN B074C94KRL
two-way-hose-splitter.png

If you use one side of the Y for your black tank flush hose, PLEASE, put a back flow preventor on it to eliminate any possibility of contaminating the water supply. Simple, cheap and very effective. Your fellow campers will be grateful!

Amazon product ASIN B07KTRW4KJ
61vXDL8ZemL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

It seems I have a new enabler, @GlampDaddy is doing the credit card collection tremendous harm of late :) So here is one of his finds which I used when at Hilton Head, one of the coolest bestest hose splitters I've seen. He got his from Menards, which I heard of but have never seen, until YESTERDAY when in Indianapolis. Too late, already ordered from Amazon which he told me would be nearly twice as much as from the store directly. But this little critter is too cool and works wonderfully.

Amazon product ASIN B074C94KRL
We have one very similar to this one it is very a very good splitter. No leaks and easy to use.

Folks have been doing that for years. At least the ones I camped with (maybe it's the difference between "camping" and "RVing"?). I have been using splitters on my campers/RVs since 1987. Before that, I would thread one on the hose bibb in our tent site (started that in 1979 when I ran into our first "drippy" hose bibb).

I get the cheap ones. After bleaching the hose bibb, I thread one on the bibb and run two hoses on a quick connect fitting. One hose gets a pressure regulator and then goes to the RV. The other has a pressure reducer and a trigger sprayer. It's for the dog and for any other needed water (cleaning stuff for example)..

In some public campgrounds (like forest service, etc), I have been stuck "sharing" a single hose bibb with 1 to 3 other campers. So I carry multiple hose splitters. Plus a "faucet expander" which is cheap enough to leave behind if I need to. So far only once and that was because there were far too many layers of splitters on my 4 way expander. I retrieved it a few weeks later when we were in the cg again.

All the water hose splitters. pressure reducers/fittings/repair parts travel in a plastic ammo box along with a bag of good thick rubber washers that I got from Amazon. The cheap splitters and expanders tend to "eat" the crappy vinyl washers. And a 100pk of thick rubber washers is fairly cheap.

I get the cheap splitters and expanders because I "generously" leave so many behind. Often with a cheap pressure reducer. Which is why I started putting the pressure reducer on the splitter instead of the splitter on the pressure reducer. For long term hookups, I will use my "good" stuff. For overnights and weekends, I use the cheapie stuff. I have even given cheapie splitters to others in the past. I don't do that anymore.

Latest resources

Back