• Commercial/Vendors welcome

hot floor board

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What kind of Rv do you have? Hard to help without any information. You can add it to your profile too.

Most RV's can be helped by adding a dynamat type product for additional insulation. The problem is getting it applied onto the area you need it on. Lifting a doghouse and adding to the underside is relatively easy, getting it attached to the underside of the floorboards is another issue. Lifting the carpet and applying would be a help, but not as much as getting the insulation on the exterior and reducing the heat from getting into the cabin to begin with. As BGMAC indicated, your make and model will help get more specific answers to your question.

I’m assuming you have a gasser. Most of them do not have an engine compartment like your car or truck to controls the airflow around the engine. Like mine my wife’s floor around her chair gets hot. What happens is the radiator fan draws air through the radiator then goes over the engine.
with the rotation of the fan it rotates the air to the right side of the RV into the right front wheel area (under the passenger seat.

You can put heat shield material, but it would be hard to attach. What I did and testing next week is I built a barrier between the engine and wheel area, kind of like a wheel well. It’s basically a 2ft by 4ft piece of sheet metal to block most of the airflow. Hopefully this will direct the hot air back and downward.

we shall see.

Here is a picture of before and after.
One shows the entire side of the engine exposed to the wheel well.
The other shows the panel installed. I did add sound deadening material to it. The demention is 1ft X 4ft. Not 2ft.

Attachments

• 3B9B8683-F6AA-4347-9FF5-1F5CAC0B690E.jpeg
    3B9B8683-F6AA-4347-9FF5-1F5CAC0B690E.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 8
  • A6D39321-D047-424C-9A94-FA2C805E8089.jpeg
    A6D39321-D047-424C-9A94-FA2C805E8089.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back