Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

hutch

RVF Regular
I have a 2017 Windsport 29M. Hot water works with propane but when trying to use 110 it wont get hot or last time out it would surge between a little warm and cold but not hot enough to shower in. When hooked up to shore power i can hear a buzz coming from the unit when standing outside next to it but it doesn't ignite. Checked the 2amp fuse on the unit it is fine. Is there another fuse in the panel under the bed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Who is the manufacturer of the actual water heater unit? And can you see a model number on the data plate? We need these items to narrow down the troubleshooting.

Rick

Who is the manufacturer of the actual water heater unit? And can you see a model number on the data plate? We need these items to narrow down the troubleshooting.

Rick
20240527_081729.jpg

Your water heater is made by Atwater and you can find the service manual for it at the PDXRV link below. I have downloaded many of my missing manuals from that site. They have also been very helpful with parts support.

A quick guess would be something wrong with the control board for the heater. Could be an easy fix such as a broken wire. Some of these control boards in our RV's can self-diagnose their problems by signaling a number or pattern of LED blinks on the control board.

Rick

Your water heater is made by Atwater and you can find the service manual for it at the PDXRV link below. I have downloaded many of my missing manuals from that site. They have also been very helpful with parts support.

A quick guess would be something wrong with the control board for the heater. Could be an easy fix such as a broken wire. Some of these control boards in our RV's can self-diagnose their problems by signaling a number or pattern of LED blinks on the control board.

Rick
Do you know what the 2 40amp fuses would be? Everything else is clearly listed. One is across from the water heater, maybe something with that?

Latest resources

Back