Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Over the last few legs I’ve noticed that the house battery bank is 65% or so at the end of the day? Once plugged in the battery charges right up.
The solenoid that bridges house and chassis appears to be working.

Thoughts?

Does the house voltage go up when the engine is running?

OK...just start the engine and look at the meter that shows voltage for each bank. I don't know where that would be in your DS... Maybe look at it before to see if it increases.

Do you have a Li-Bim?

Alternator should carge the house battery after chassis battery reaches a certain voltage. It should only take a few minutes for house batteries to start charging once you start the engine. Alternator should charge at around 14 V.
At least that is they way it works on my Bay Star.

Joe, I had that after I got my Lithium/Solar upgrade from SES. I was getting solar changing, but not alternator. I narrowed it down to not getting 12V on the ignition terminal of the LiBIM (same setup with a regular BIM, just slightly different operation).
I had them look at it at the International Rally. We finally found a 7.5 amp fuse blown in the front driver bay. Was in the top black box on the right hand wall. Not sure if yours has a BIM like older models.

Here is Newmar suggestion. There are two 5amp fuses in the power locker that run the solenoid. I’ll try to see if one is blown.

IMG_1806.png

Verified both 5amp fuses good. Might be forced to take to local dealer. Not looking forward to that!

Did we determine that voltage is getting to the batteries? Maybe the LiBim isn’t working right?

The interesting part is it appears that the chassis and house batteries do Bridge via BIRD circuit.
The chassis battery voltage cycles normally.
It is just when we arrive at the end of the day the house battery is drained to around 50%.
Once we plug in to 50 amp, battery charges turn on and charge the house battery.?

Latest resources

Back