Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rv1993

RVF Regular
Hi All, having a house battery put in tomorrow 1993 class C, can't find these answers online.

1. Does he have to disconnect starter battery first or just disconnect old house, put in new?

2. I've gathered i will be able to use inside lights and 12v outlets when dry camping. Can I use 12v while driving? (for phone) have got both yes/no.

3. Lights, plugs will run off house battery, what else? AC?

Thanks much for your input, appreciated!

1. No
2. Yes
3. Lights yes, 12v outlets yes, 120v outlets if you have an inverter, and no on the AC.

Thank you Rich W.
House battery in, lights work, 12v doesn't, looked at fuses/breakers, reset outlet no go, $300 in, mobile rv wants $300 more. It has to be simple right? Ideas? Thank you!

I think i have to ask myself if i want to pay close to $600 to plug in my phone or throw it out the window! 🤪

I've been struggling for 2 months dry camping trying to figure out getting my phone charged! (I have some limitations) what do i do now $300 in? Pay another $2-300 for wiring check? get solar? Even cig lighter barely does 1% an hour, i really need help and lowest/best option. Thank you very much all.

There is a lot I don’t know about your rig and your situation, but putting all the variables aside, I’d consider a small (200 watt or so) inverter hooked directly to your house battery, and just plug your phone charger into it. I think you could spend a lot of time and money trying to run down misc electrical issues on a 30 year old RV that has probably been modified and may have abandoned circuits, especially if your main goal at this point is just to keep a phone charged.

Something like this:

I get you would rather keep your life to yourself. I do the same.

Sometimes it helps to define a job and ask how to, with a budget statement. ie. I don't want to spend more than $xx.xx on the project, got any ideas???

Honestly we can spend all your discretionary income here. It is your job to rein us in !

I get you would rather keep your life to yourself. I do the same.

Sometimes it helps to define a job and ask how to, with a budget statement. ie. I don't want to spend more than $xx.xx on the project, got any ideas???

Honestly we can spend all your discretionary income here. It is your job to rein us in !
? I could not have been more clear wirh my questions, what an odd response. Have a great day!

Latest resources

Back