Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Understudy

RVF Newbee
So this trim(not sure if that's the correct name) keeps popping out. In order to get it back in I have to warm it up with hair dryer. Ultimately it pops out again though. If I leave it like it is the drag from the wind when driving pulls it out almost completely. Is there any way to fix this and prevent it from happening in the future without gluing it in there?? Thanks
PXL_20230515_181058813.jpg

Two sided tape is a good temporary fix until you find something more permanent.

I think you need to remove whatever is holding it on one end. It’s shrunk over time. Once the end is removed feed it back into the channel then apply some chalk at the end that is now too short.

Buy new insert!
What I listened to was it is hard so you have to heat it for it to be pliable. You heat it it expands it cools it shrinks. You need new, most places that have any RV supplies have the trim insert.

Buy new insert!
What I listened to was it is hard so you have to heat it for it to be pliable. You heat it it expands it cools it shrinks. You need new, most places that have any RV supplies have the trim insert.
Oh! When you put in the new be liberal and wait a couple before attaching any retainers.

We replaced it in our Forester.

Little pledge on the trim when you slide it in and it goes much easier. Take your time and, as was said, push in a little extra for when it shrinks again.

Comes in different widths so check the size before you buy. Think it comes in 50 or 100 foot rolls.

If you were around us I’d give you what was left over since we traded that coach. 😀

Yup...listen to them😉 Had the same issue, and finally replaced (not expensive) and now it's not an issue! Blessings

So this trim(not sure if that's the correct name) keeps popping out. In order to get it back in I have to warm it up with hair dryer. Ultimately it pops out again though. If I leave it like it is the drag from the wind when driving pulls it out almost completely. Is there any way to fix this and prevent it from happening in the future without gluing it in there?? ThanksView attachment 18683
I searched for a inside radius brkt. that I could stretch the trim back in place and secure. I fabricate a inside bracket to hold it in place. Made out of PVC pipe I found at Home Depot. It is a 1/2" running trap Pipe.

Attachments

• IMG-8531 (1).jpg
    IMG-8531 (1).jpg
    944.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-8524 (1).jpg
    IMG-8524 (1).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG-8525 (1).jpg
    IMG-8525 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG-8526 (1).jpg
    IMG-8526 (1).jpg