Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450 hp Cummins
TOW/TOAD
3017 Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I got an answer to the lead question to this one. I am going to be replacing the batteries on my coach. 2019 Duch Star 4018. I currently have 8 6v HB 210 Ah batteries in place. I have a MS2812 Magnum Inverter/charge. If I understand the math that is 420 Ah available (840x 50%). I am seriously considering one 280 Ah 12v SOK battery. Now before anyone pulls the arrows out, I think we are a little wierd. We have power in our storage facility and rarely boondock. When we do (at a motorcross track or rodeo facilities), there will be scores of trailers running generators through the night. We don't have any plans in the near or mid term to do any "real" boondocking like many on here seem to. If our mission changes or I determine that the one is completely inadequate, I can easily add one or possibly two of these same batteries. My 4018 is pretty heavy on the front end so If I can get away with the one, I can knock just short of 600# off my front end. Has anyone else tried this? If yes, how did it go?

You do realize that going to lithium is not just a swap and go?

Ah!!! I don't know. Depends on how many questions I am asked!

Seriously though really Depends on the load placed on them. And ditto to the above.

Allen,
As near as I can tell, the only additional equipment needed is a BIM. All the other changes are completed on the panel. So, if there is more, I am not aware. I asked yesterday and got very little info. The battery I am looking at has self contained heat and BMS

I got an answer to the lead question to this one. I am going to be replacing the batteries on my coach. 2019 Duch Star 4018. I currently have 8 6v HB 210 Ah batteries in place. I have a MS2812 Magnum Inverter/charge. If I understand the math that is 420 Ah available (840x 50%). I am seriously considering one 280 Ah 12v SOK battery. Now before anyone pulls the arrows out, I think we are a little wierd. We have power in our storage facility and rarely boondock. When we do (at a motorcross track or rodeo facilities), there will be scores of trailers running generators through the night. We don't have any plans in the near or mid term to do any "real" boondocking like many on here seem to. If our mission changes or I determine that the one is completely inadequate, I can easily add one or possibly two of these same batteries. My 4018 is pretty heavy on the front end so If I can get away with the one, I can knock just short of 600# off my front end. Has anyone else tried this? If yes, how did it go?
I recently discussed this:

Neal, thanks. I thought I had looked at every thread pertaining to this. I missed that one. BIM= battery isolation module. My coach has one but it is not a Li-Bim. It will have to be replaced. I keep looking at youtube videos for tips. I have seen a couple that talk about battery charge controllers. Does anyone know if the BMS that is in the SOK280 handles that.

There is a solar charge controller that some may be referring to, otherwise your charger is your inverter.

There is a solar charge controller that some may be referring to, otherwise your charger is your inverter.
You mean the inverter/converter? I assume a large MH has the consolidated unit.

Latest resources

Back