Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How often do you change your RV water filter?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
When I started out RVing 2-1/2 years ago the question with no real answer was when to change the water filters. I think the general rule for a house water filter was a year. Then as I traveled and had autofill timeouts I learned the house water filter can contribute to the problem and that may be a good rule as to when to change the water filter. I've learned a lot over the past 2-1/2 years and I can tell you depending on autofill timeouts is NOT a good indicator. If you run your fresh tank near dry simply filling up the tank on autofill will likely trigger an autofill timeout (at least on my coach) so that theory is out.

What do I do now? Quarterly. Filters are related to your health, CG water supply we all know is something we'd rather not think about. Filters are cheap, I get them from Amazon and just like the AC vent filters in my S&B the beginning of each quarter the filters are changed regardless of what they look like when opening the house water filter container. One of my filters is a carbon filter and I do believe that's a 6 month rotation, I'm not sure on that one yet but I recently went to a dual filter setup so I have to figure that one out.

How often are you changing your water filters and do you do it on a schedule or some other indicator of needing a change out?

I pull the water filter out over the winter (because we don't use the coach from November to April...yet, anyway) and install a new one in the spring. While we are using the coach, I change the filter every two months. Filters are cheap in comparison to your health. I keep a half-dozen in stock in the coach.

TJ

Annually I change everything water and refrigerator etc. I don't use the coach as much as I would like being a working stiff that still goes into an office. Anachronistic indeed.

We full time and change out every 3-4 months.

In checking my water filter cartridge inventory today, I found that I need to restock. Where are folks finding filter cartridge bargains? We use the MAXVOC 975RV 0.5 micron or equivalent filter and strongly prefer US-made, if possible. Looking to buy 4-6 cartridges.

TJ

We use the Pentek CFB-PB10 10" Lead Reduction 0.5 Micron Filter. I purchased last winter from FiltersFast.com and received free shipping for purchasing six.

Looks like your filter is running $20.99 at Filters Fast.

In checking my water filter cartridge inventory today, I found that I need to restock. Where are folks finding filter cartridge bargains? We use the MAXVOC 975RV 0.5 micron or equivalent filter and strongly prefer US-made, if possible. Looking to buy 4-6 cartridges.

TJ

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UC6NIE/?tag=rvf01-20

You may want to see what price it is with Newmar parts. Sometimes, not always, you can get a good deal through them. Amazon is always easy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back